Judges named for 2018 E3 Business Awards
The judging panel for the 2018 E3 Business Awards has been named.
The organiser, 1 Events Media has selected a total of twenty-four judges from the fields of business, education and business support. These include five chairs who will lead the panel sessions covering the eighteen award categories.
The chairs are:
- Jemma Taylor, Regional Sales Manager, Aldermore Group PLC
- Lisa Edge, CEO, GB Shared Ltd
- Paul Foster, Development Manager, Federation of Small Businesses
- Amanda Gowans, CEO, PSL (Powder Systems Limited)
- Hywel Griffiths, MD of APD Resolutions Ltd and co-Director of Business Growth Solutions
The judges have been chosen for their broad mix of sector experience and expertise. They include:
- Aaron Crewe, Managing Director of novi.digital
- Andrew Dewhurst, Managing Director, Affilius Group
- Carley Jones, Founder/CEO of Kettlebell Kitchen
- Danny Simpson, CEO of MID Communications Ltd
- Dionne Swift, Founder and Director, Burnley Campus Social Enterprise Ltd
- Emma Swan, Partner, Forbes Solicitors
- Jackie Fisher, Partner at PM+M Solutions for Business LLP
- John Daly, Partner, Corporate Finance, RSM
- Leanne Goodwin , Managing Director, Jobwise
- Liz Hey, Managing Director, Elizabeth Jane Associates
- Mark Fahy, Head of UK SMEs, London Stock Exchange Group
- Martyn Shaw, Director, Business Development, University of Bolton
- Michael McDade, Sales Director, Communications Plus Ltd
- Mike Holman, Director, Asentiv and BNI
- Naomi Timperley, Co-Founder, Tech North Advocates
- Saj Kadva (AMBII), Operations Director, Leisure Guard Security
- Ram Gupta, Managing Director of Nybble Information Systems
- Richard Alford, Managing Director, Black Bear IT Solutions
- Tracy Heatley, Managing Director, Business over Breakfast (NW)
The judges will apply their collective experience to assessing award nominations from companies, entrepreneurs and social enterprises across the North West. The judging process will entail an examination of written submissions followed by interviews with all shortlisted nominees. These will take place between 8th and 10th May 2018 at the Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel in Wigan.
The winners will be announced at the E3 Awards evening itself, which will take place on Thursday 12th July at the Macron Stadium in Bolton.
Speaking on 6th March, at the end of a specially organised judges’ training day, 1EM managing director, Mubarak Chati said: “The judges will be looking for strongly-evidenced entries from all sorts of North West organisations and individuals – not just mainstream businesses. The E3 Business Awards celebrate diversity in all its forms, so we want to see plenty of representation on the part of women, young entrepreneurs, rural businesses, social enterprises and others.
“The judges themselves reflect this same focus on diversity and I’m very grateful to them for giving their time in this way. Many of them will be sitting on more than one panel, and it’s their efforts that underpin the impartiality of the results. I’d like to thank them once again, and to remind North West businesses that they have until the 17th April to get their entries in.”
Nominations can be submitted by downloading entry forms.